Homework Rules and Procedures

Homework will be given at times throughout the year as a way for students to build on their knowledge and skills learned in class. Everyday practice homework will not be assessed for grading purposes. However, it does help me to understand which students are having some difficulties with the work we are doing in class. I encourage you to help your child with understanding what they are doing for homework. If they are still struggling with concepts we are working on, please write me a note or have the student come see me so that we may work on the problem together. I don't wish to cause frustration and unhappy evenings. If your child has spent an acceptable amount of time working on the homework, but is really struggling, please have them do what they can and write me a note so that I may help them.

Students should be writing in their agendas each day to let you know about things that are happening in the classroom/school. This will include any homework assignments or projects they will need to work on at home. If there is nothing to write, students will write "No Homework" and I will sign it so that you know there is officially nothing to write down.

Students should bring back homework completed the next day of classes, unless there is a due date assigned. If there is some reason your child could not get to the homework, please write me a quick note explaining. This way I know that the student is being honest about why their homework is not completed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homework for Friday, Oct. 20

Math Unit Quiz Thursday